How we train our staff
- Monthly, company-wide safety meetings
- Weekly job-site talks on toolbox safety
- Daily communication on safe work practices
- Empowerment, at all levels, to anticipate potential job-site hazards and maintain safe work environments
- STOP Program - Empowerment, at all levels
We will train your workers
Scaffold resource will design a program to meet your company specific needs to include:
Contact Us About In-House Training Programs
- FREE Monthly Scaffold Hazard Awareness Training
- Specialized training on a case to case basis
- Contact us about specialized training programs
These tips do not take the place of a rigorous safety training program but these tips are a good overview.
- Fall protection is required at a 10’ level above a lower level.
- When erecting and dismantling supported scaffolds, a competent person must determine the feasibility of providing a safe means of access and fall protection for these operations.
- Employers must train each employee who works on a scaffold on the procedures to control or minimize the hazards.
- Before each work shift, and after any occurrence that could affect the structural integrity, a competent person must inspect the scaffold and scaffold components for visible defects.
- A competent person is one who is capable of identifying existing and predictable hazards in the surroundings and work conditions, which are hazardous or dangerous to employees, and who has the authorization to take prompt corrective measures to correct them.
Safety Code Publication
Download Code of Safe Practices PDF
Fed Regs & Standards
Safety and Health Regulations for Construction - Scaffolds
OSHA Part 1926 Subpart L
This subpart applies to all scaffolds used in workplaces covered by this part. It does not apply to crane or derrick suspended personnel platforms, which are covered by 1926.550(g).The criteria for aerial lifts are set out exclusively in 1926.453.
Safety and Health Regulations for Construction Fall Protection
OSHA Part 1926 Subpart M
This subpart sets forth requirements and criteria for fall protection in construction workplaces covered under 29CFR part 1926
- 2013- Associated Builders & Contractors Chesapeake Shores Chapter- Safety Gold Step Award
- 2014- Associated Builders & Contractors Virginia Chapter- Paragon Award
- 2014- HITT Contracting- Subcontractor of the Year safety award
- 2014- Associated Builders & Contractors Va/Metro Washington Chapters- Safety Gold Step Award